I’m really jealous that I have natural red heads in the family and that I don’t have it! Red is such a beautiful color. Note that if you want to enhance your natural brown tones instead you can substitute Chamomile tea for Coffee. You don’t even have to use henna or the other ingredients if you want your hair browner, just mix coffee with your conditioner. If you want it even darker, add brown or black henna with the coffee.
Ingredients for this DIY red color depositor:
- Red henna (I used Caca Rouge Mama)
- Chamomile tea
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Conditioner as a base (I used Organix Keratin Conditioner)
- A container to store it in and a fork to mix it all together
- Make sure your tea is extremely hot (Use half a cup or less depending on your container). Put it into your container and put in chunks of red henna. The tea will melt the henna and brighten up the hair. Stir until henna is dissolved or a more mushy consistency.
- Add a few squirts of honey and a small amount of olive oil. I don’t use exact measurements, I just feel it out. Honey lightens my hair (making the red look brighter) and extra virgin olive oil helps aids the lightening process while also conditioning.
- Slowly mix in conditioner until you get the right consistency.
- Use one or twice a week. Any more then that and your hair could be over-conditioned (making it have more fly aways).
If any of you do this project, take before and after pictures! It will take a few weeks for the color to be really noticeable.
To see more DIY projects, click here.
Related post: I no longer use shampoo!
Kindness is the best accessory,