Today I have a mermaid tail inspired accent nail tutorial. The idea is to make to “scaly” nails. It’s really simple!
1. Several nail polishes. You need enough so that no color touches the other. Also have a base color (I customized one) and top coat.
2. An area to make dots.
3. Some sort of dotting tool. I used Q-Tips that I destroyed.
Colors I used:
OPI, Ogre the Top Blue
Forever 21, Mint
Forever 21, Lavender
Revlon, Glimmer Gloss
Milani, Purple Passion
1. Paint your nail with a base coat and a base color. Let dry.
2. Prepare your dotting tool (I took off all the fuzzy parts of a Q-Tip).
3. Dot onto a nail towards the tip. Then dot another color next to it. Make sure to alternate colors.
4. Complete a few rows but not the whole nail. Depending on dot size I usually do 3-5 rows.
5. Add a top coat to seal in color and add shine.
It was really hard to write this post right now because we have a new puppy in the house! We bought a golden retriever and named her Xiomy. It’s pronounced Cee-oh-mee. How exciting! I’ll include lots of pictures and footage in The Rebecca & Chris Show on Sunday. I’m going to go play with her again!
The music in this video was from the band We Are One. My friend Eri is the singer, isn’t she great?
If you liked this video, make sure to suport (for free!) by subscribing to RebeccaKelsey.com on YouTube. If you have a Youtube account already, just click the subscribe button below. Even if you watch videos through the blog only, I’d appreciate it. My goal for the year is 15,000 subscribers!
Kindness is the best accessory,
+ = Brand animal testing whereabouts unknown or unclear.
* = This brand tests on animals.
All non-tagged brands free of animal testing.