My second DIY iPhone case! I need to add another layer of pink in a few places but other then that I think it is so cute! Make sure to see my more funky iPhone cover from yesterday and read more about why I started this project.
- An iPhone case. I used my free case from Sephora.
- Nail polish colors for your design. I used OPI Alpine Snow (similar) and Forever 21 Peach (similar).
- Top coat to seal in the design. I used Beauty Secrets top coat + from Sally Beauty Supply.
- Magazine clippings.
Do not soak off the previous design using nail polish remover like in the previous tutorial. We want the textured look like in this close up:
If you prefer a smooth surface, start with step one from yesterday’s tutorial.
- My iPhone cover has cute stripes on the edges so to protect that cover it in scotch tape like you would corners when painting a room.
- Cover the entire back area with a base color. I had a lot of the light pink color so I used that as a base. Wait for it to dry.
- Use tape to mark off where you want your stripes. Then paint over the bare areas. I used white stripes.
- Wait until everything is completely dry before you pull off the tape. you may end up with some bald spots but it can be fixed with a little more polish, no biggie.
- Use nail polish top coat like an adhesive and apply on any magazine clippings you’d like.
- Cover the entire cover in clear top coat.
- Wait to dry and wear!
Thank you for checking out my iPhone case refurbishments! If you like them, make sure to pin them on Pinterest, tweet, or Facebook them. Sharing is the new tip jar!
Leave me a comment with your thoughts!
Kindness is the best accessory,
+ = Animal testing whereabouts unknown.
* = Tests on animals.
All non-tagged brands free of animal testing.