I was bored and saw this tutorial about a glitter key and decided to make one for myself! It’s a really simple and fun project that takes very little time.
1. A key!
3. Paint or clear drying glue
5. Hairspray or nail top coat
6. Work area
1. Tape off the area on the key you do not want to have glitter all over.
2. Cover the area that you do want with glitter with either a pretty paint (like a base coat) or glue that dries clear. I used a shiny pink paint that I got from Michaels Arts & Craft stores a few years ago.
3. Over your work area, sprinkle on your glitter of choice over the key. Put on a lot more then you think you will need because some will fall off when you seal it.
4. Prop up the key to dry or hold it until it dries. It should only take a few minutes.
5. Cover the glitter area with either a nail polish top coat or a really sticky hairspray. This will keep the glitter from getting all over your purse and car as some of it will shed off.
6. Take off the tape!
It only took me about 10 minutes to do!
What simple DIY’s do you know? Post pictures to my Twitter of your glitter key!
Kindness is the best accessory,